REIKI AND CHAKRA BALANCING
Reiki is an energetic form of guided chakra balancing. By channeling the client's own chi, or vitality, and focusing our intention, Reiki clears stagnant energy and realigns the body's natural healing system. Reiki is a deeply restorative session and a wonderful way to achieve and maintain balance in the face of life's stressors.
While Reiki can be used for several concerns or just for relaxation, it is especially helpful in emotional processing, stress management, energy management, and manifesting intentions. Take a moment to clear the clutter of the day away and listen to the gentle messages of mind, body, and spirit with the guidance of a certified Reiki master, practicing with more than twenty years experience. 45-60 minutes. $33.
What is Reiki and Chakra Balancing?
Reiki means "universal life force" and the modality is a Japanese technique that focuses intention along seven main points of the body that begin with the base of the spine and transcend to the crown of the head.
Chakra means "wheel" and is based on the 5,000 year old Indian technique of Ayurveda. These wheels are aligned with the seven main vital points of the body and also correspond with your emotions. The seven chakras are as such:
- Root Chakra: The first chakra is associated with our basic instincts of survival, self-preservation, and safety. It is the very foundation of our being and our identity. Located at the base of the spine, this chakra centers on groundedness, trust, and boundaries.
- Sacral Chakra: The second chakra is the focal point of our emotions, sexuality, and creativity. Located in the center of the pelvis, this chakra concerns emotional flow: feelings, fluidity, and openness.
- Solar Plexus Chakra: The third chakra is associated with identity and is known as the "power center." Located below the diaphragm, this is the area of assertiveness, ambition, and inner drive. It also aligns with digestion and the metabolic systems, processing energy and giving us the spark we need to overcome inertia and apathy. It allows us to assert our personal power, follow our gut instincts, take risks, and make decisions.
- Heart Chakra: The fourth chakra is located at the heart center. It may be thought of as the balance point between the three lower (physical) and three higher (spiritual) chakras. Representing true compassion, kindheartedness, love, and devotion, this chakra is where we store and process emotional experiences.
- Throat Chakra: The fifth chakra is associated with self-expression and honest communication. Located in the throat, it aids in connecting us with and speaking our inner truth.
- Third Eye Chakra: The sixth chakra, located at the mid-point of the forehead, is associated with sight and seeing, both intuitively and physically. It is related to the energies of clear vision, intuition, and inner guidance, imagination and wisdom.
- Crown Chakra: The seventh chakra, located at the crown of the head, represents liberation, bringing knowledge, deep understanding, inner wisdom, spiritual growth, and connection to divinity.
How does Reiki work?
Many people have many different answers as to what energetic healing is and how it works. Having studied with the International Center for Reiki, the Ayurvedic Institute in New Mexico, the International Soul Coaching Institute in California, and with several well-versed practitioners I have met from coast to coast, I have come to describe it as simply this: intention. Intention is a force that is both life changing and healing.
During a Reiki session, we will begin with a consultation of your intentions. We will identify specific areas in your life where you either feel stuck or where you want to manifest goals. We will then sift through and untie the emotional and energetic knots so that you can move forward. These knots are not weaknesses, they are only challenges and learning experiences.
Because Reiki and Chakra Balancing uses your, the participant's, energetic healing abilities, the practitioner's role is only as a meditative guide working with you to channel the flow of chi as you comfortably lie still. In other words, the practitioner does not 'give' energy, only guide it. Nor does the practitioner direct intention, only allow space for it to do so as it wishes.
The body goes where the mind leads.
Schedule your next appointment with Luminere Esthetics and Wellness online at your convenience by clicking here.